Friday, March 2, 2012

Homeless Talent Steals Audience's Heart


A homeless talent stuns the judges and steals audiences heartHere is his story.

We have seen many talents from veriety of TV shows through the years. Once in a while, there is a 'cream of the crops' appears from an unusual circumstance. If it happens, he or she inspires us in many ways. This is one of the cases.

I found this video from the YouTube. It's about a young man steals the audience and the judges' heart at a telent competition but his unusual circumstances moves everyone into tears.

His name is Sungbong Choi and he is 22 year old. His calm and humble explaination about his uncomfortness about the competition before on the stage.  "I always wanted to be a normal person."    "I don't sing well but it makes me feel a different person when I sing."

He appears to be a normal young man when he walks on the stage. No one even guessed by his appearance he is a homeless and alone until the judges started to ask questions about his background and his current occupation. Everyone including a judge nervously laughs at his answer about his occupation, "I'm a laborer."

According to him, he was dropped off at an orphanage when he was 3 years old. He didn't explain by whom. At age 6, he ran away from that orphanage after he was beaten up by the people at the orphange. Since then, he lived alone and survived by selling gums and sodas on the street for 10 years. He slept on stairs outside of the public buildings and public bathrooms.

While he was living on the street, he never went to school but took GED test for th elementary and middle school. High School was the only school experience that he ever had.

"I like to sing not because I enjoy it....I am not a good singer but I like sing." After his humble words, his beautiful voice moves everyone into tears at a singing talent show.

See yourself...






No comments: